On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 23:02, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

>> What should I tell the small group that remains from the ODFAuthors
>> team that has been working on the user guides?
>>

> Feel free to share this note.  You could invite them to discuss here
> at ooo-dev, or I'd be happy to answer questions on your list, if you
> prefer.

I have forwarded your note to the ODFAuthors list. On several
occasions I have invited them to join this list; I have no idea how
many may have done so. If we start getting discussion about your
points, it might be more efficient for you to answer questions on the
ODFAuthors list. odfauthors-discuss-subscr...@lists.odfauthors.org

> Long term, the ideal from my perspective is for ODFAuthors to become
> part of the AOOo project, have their own ooo-doc/ooo-docs/ooo-infodev
> mailing list, agree to move to ALv2 for future contributions, and
> produce docs that because of that license choice can be used freely,
> by AOOo, by LibreOffice, Symphony, even freely translated for
> RedOffice, etc.  Such an arrangement also makes it easier for others
> to contribute as well, for the reasons I mentioned above.

ODFAuthors is just a group of people with a website and a domain name,
both of which happen to be owned by TDF. It is available to whoever
wants to use it for producing documentation for OOo/LO/related
products such as NeoOffice, RedOffice, etc. At present a subset of LO
language groups are using it (English user guides are on a different
server and CMS), as are several OOo language groups including English.

Individual members of the ODFAuthors group can join the AOOo project, of course.

--Jean