I think this thread was split off in response to Eric wanting to know Hagar's
real name.  It doesn't matter what that question was about.

There was, however, a nice post and new thread providing an interesting
situation with pseudonyms being used by folks who have registered iCLAs and who
might become committers, etc.  It can be arranged that the real name (required
on an iCLA) need not be how a person is identified anywhere here.  No one is
insisting that RGB ES (<rgb.m...@gmail.com>) go by any other identification
here.

But if RGB happened to have an iCLA on file and wanted to contribute some code,
there would need to be a way to match up the persona identification in the list
post with the iCLA on file.  Likewise, if RGB were a member of the PPMC, and a
vote was conducted here on this list, the PPMC would need a way to confirm that
to be a binding (and non-duplicated) vote from a PPMC member.

(Note: Committers have Apache User Name/IDs, so it works really well to use
those for "official business."  But even those don't have to have anything to
do with real names.  You could look up the user name on the public list and the
pseudonym could appear there.  My Apache User Name/ID is "orcmid" and I do use
orc...@apache.org here from time to time.  I have my real name show on posts,
too, but I don't *have* to do that.)

Whether or not the use of real names, or a real name being known somehow,
improves behavior is an interesting question but the places where a real name
is *necessary* isn't related to that, it seems to me.

 - Dennis