On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
> It is unlikely that machine-generated files of any kind are copyrightable
> subject matter.  I would think that files generated by Visual Studio should
> just be regenerated, especially if this has to do with preprocessor
> pre-compilation, project boiler-plate (and even build/make) files,
> MIDL-compiled files, resource-compiler output, and the like.

That is my understanding as well, wrt computer-generated files.
However the lack of copyright does not mean lack of concern.  For
example, some code generation applications have a license that puts
additional restrictions on the generated code.  Some versions of GNU
Bison, the YACC variant, did that.