On 28.09.2011 00:49, Michael Stahl wrote:
On 27.09.2011 22:22, Rob Weir wrote:
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamil...@acm.org>  wrote:
What is the oldest Windows OS version that Apache OOo 3.4(-dev) will
be supported on?  How does that compare with the oldest Windows OS
version that the last stable release (3.3.0?) of OpenOffice.org is
supported on?  (If there is a JRE dependency, that is another variant
to consider.)

AFAIK OOo 3.x Windows baseline is NT 5.0 (Windows 2000);
AFAIK this OS version is no longer supported by the vendor.

And AFAIR Win 2000 was already dropped as a supported platform in OOo 3.3. All Win 9x Platforms already are not supported anymore since OOo 3.0.

Besides that I still don't get why Windows versions are always discussed in the context of removing unicows.dll.

I already wrote it, but again: this library was needed only in Win9x and this platform in no longer supported by OOo since 3.0. So unicows.dll can and should be removed.

Whether or not AOOo will support WinXP SP2 or only SP3 is totally irrelevant in the discussion about unicows.dll. It might become more interesting when uwinapi.dll gets the focus. Getting rid of that library also would be highly desirable.

Regards,
Mathias