Am 09/29/2011 09:16 PM, schrieb Mathias Bauer:
Am 29.09.2011 20:17, schrieb Mathias Bauer:

On 28.09.2011 00:49, Michael Stahl wrote:
On 27.09.2011 22:22, Rob Weir wrote:
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamil...@acm.org>   wrote:
What is the oldest Windows OS version that Apache OOo 3.4(-dev) will
be supported on?  How does that compare with the oldest Windows OS
version that the last stable release (3.3.0?) of OpenOffice.org is
supported on?  (If there is a JRE dependency, that is another variant
to consider.)

AFAIK OOo 3.x Windows baseline is NT 5.0 (Windows 2000);
AFAIK this OS version is no longer supported by the vendor.

And AFAIR Win 2000 was already dropped as a supported platform in OOo
3.3. All Win 9x Platforms already are not supported anymore since OOo 3.0.

Correction: for 3.3 we decided not to drop Win 200o officially, but in
case problems should appear only on that platform we wouldn't fix them.
That's kind of "possible, but unsupported - do it at your own risk".

OK, good to know. Then I would say lets keep it for 3.4 with the same "do it on your own risk" statement and for the future we have to discuss if there is a technical reason to drop the support (as you wrote in another mail, Mathias).

Marcus