On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Kazunari Hirano <khir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

> ooo-general-ja/AT/incubator.apache.org was created.
> Thanks!
> 2 Japanese moderators and 2 Japanese volunteer testers are testing the list.
> http://blohttps://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#drafts/132d6e87ddc8cd17gs.apache.org/OOo/entry/the_second_japanese_language_mailing

The blog post is here:
http://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/the_second_japanese_language_mailing

I see there are now 9 subscribers to the ooo-general-ja list, so it
looks like the additional publicity helped.

> With current list settings, if a non-subscriber post a message to
> ooo-general-ja/AT/incubator.apache.org, his/her message is just
> rejected and doesn't reach moderators.

I don't see any messages at all on the list, even from subscribers.
Have you tried sending a "welcome" post to the list?

> We, the list's moderators, would like to see those messages posted
> from non-subscribers, and to decide whether those messages can be
> delivered to the list or not, and we can tell those non-subscribers
> "please subscribe the list."
> :)

That should be the default behavior.

> Can the list setting be changed?
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3926
> Should I reopen this issue and ask Tony Stevenson to change the settings?
>
> Please give me some advice.

I just sent a message to the list.  Check to see if you receive a
moderation request for it.  If not, then I'd recommend opening a new
JIRA issue for this problem.

-Rob