On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
> I confess that I am having trouble extracting concrete actionables from
> Ross's request.  I need to reread the thread from the beginning.
>
> One thing, off-hand.  I believe the commitment is to support mutual security
> concerns via security@ OO.o or any successor, not via some special
> arrangement with TDF security.  On behalf of that, ooo-security@ has become
> an observer at security@ OO.o.  Having members on security@ OO.o has not yet
> been established.  It is also proposed to stabilize custodianship of
> security@ OO.o using Apache hosting.  That will require ensuring that
> treatment of all participants on security@ shall be even-handed and
> professional, and demonstrating that Apache can be counted on for that.
>
> If that is a matter that the Board might wish to be aware of, it might be
> said more succinctly.
>
> Also, I would recommend that, because the start-up of something so
> challenging as AOOo is so daunting, and the fact that IP clearance work is
> ongoing, that the OpenOffice.org podling be kept on monthly reporting for the
> quarterly reporting cycle the podling is now in.

To me that suggests we concentrate on the work that we need to do, and
not reports.  Can you name one useful thing that we've ever heard back
from the ASF Board based on any of our other reports?  Why would more
frequent reports help us?  Not that I'd object, if you're volunteering
to write them.