On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 3:00 AM, Herbert Duerr <h...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 10/12/2011 05:47 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> Oh yes, it was not that big, but it touched a lot of files
>> which made it difficult to get the context. In any case
>> big patches are sometimes necessary and I was confident
>> this wouldn't go bad: it was my way of saying "this guy
>> should be a committer so he can fix the stuff he breaks"
>> :),
>
> Armin should definitely become a committer soon. I'm no longer sure how that
> process works. I had sent a vote request regarding Ariel to the private list
> but for some reason it did not get there. I even sent it through the apache
> SMTP using my @apache.org email address, but it still didn't suffice to let
> it through.

Are you subscribed to the ooo-private list?  Notes from subscribers,
sent from the address they subscribed from, are not moderated.

Notes sent from non-subscribers are forwarded to the moderators, but
that should only introduce a short delay, at most a few hours.

The process for voting in a new committer is described in the Podling
Guide here:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html

-Rob