Hello Regina,

nice to see you here :)

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 09:56:09PM +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have download the source via 'svn co
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk'

working with svn is a pain once you are used to Mercurial or Git.
Besides, it takes a lot of space, compared to a git-svn clone.
Many on the list are using this last one instead of svn; the steps are
documented in this thread:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201108.mbox/%3Cj3frmh$6of$1...@dough.gmane.org%3E
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201108.mbox/%3c20110829161136.gh24...@kulungile.erack.de%3E

Here are the steps I take:
I like having different repos for trunk/main and trunk/l10n, so:

mkdir trunk
cd trunk
git svn clone  --revision 1183367:HEAD
https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/main
git svn clone  --revision 1166306:HEAD
https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras

you can get the latest revision for the --revision switch reading the
"Rev." column in http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/

    extras/     r1166306
    main/       r1183367

If you are going to make changes, IMO the best is to use git branch
feature:

cd trunk/main
git checkout -b patches

creates a branch named "patches" and switches to it.
Once you've done your changes, add the modified files and commit them.
You can generate patches with git diff or git format-patch.

To update the repo (all changes must be committed first), do

git svn rebase

> But now I don't know how to start. There is neither a 'configure'
> nor a 'autogen.sh'.

the configure script does not belong to the source tree anymore, you
have to regenerate it (for better, each time you rebase)

cd trunk/main
autoconf

autoconf is available in cygwin, use the setup tool to install it.

Once generated the configure script, proceed as usual.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina