On 15 October 2011 22:27, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/14/2011 01:32 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>
>> The real point to this discussion is that the AOOo podling PPC needs
>> a clear Marketing Team.
>>

> hmmm...an obvious choice for a lead might be one of the former marketing
> folks like Graham Lauder. Maybe he'll step up.

Graham would be a good choice, if he is not willing/able, I could do it or
assist him as I have worked with him before. Or I could do things in the
education and certification field. Not sure what the situation is with
people who had roles in the previous OOo community?  At present I'm doing
certification related to AOO as previously discussed and we have a
preparatory meeting planned in December funded by the EU for at least one
Apache OpenOffice project. There will be a marketing dimension as one of the
key aims is dissemination. But I would like to establish some sort of fund
raising for marketing activities. We can do this outside the AOO system so
no problem with the legalities.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940