On 10/17/2011 03:41 PM, John Boyle wrote:
On 10/17/2011 3:12 PM, Ian Lynch wrote:
On 17 October 2011 23:00, Danese Cooper<dan...@gmail.com> wrote:

-1 unless Apache Trademarks has reached some conclusion on their overall
brand strategy for OOo. I saw a preliminary discussion, but no
conclusions.

If I've missed anything, please advise.

IMHO, the PPMC should have some say in branding since marketing is
part of
the PPMC role. The longer it goes on with OpenOffice.org and no obvious
branding from ASF the more confusion that will be generated and the more
risk of damage from that ambiguity.

To all: What is wrong with just leaving it alone with the name that it
has?

Absolutely nothing and I like your thinking. :)

I am sure that by now everyone knows who is redoing this program,
and, unless there is some major ego involved, why not leave it alone as
to name? There's an old army saying, probably even older than the U.S.
Army, "KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID"!:-)

MzK

"There is no such thing as coincidence."
           -- Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Rule #39