On 18 October 2011 19:49, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/17/2011 03:41 PM, John Boyle wrote:
>
>> On 10/17/2011 3:12 PM, Ian Lynch wrote:
>>
>>> On 17 October 2011 23:00, Danese Cooper<dan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  -1 unless Apache Trademarks has reached some conclusion on their overall

>>> IMHO, the PPMC should have some say in branding since marketing is
>>> part of
>>> the PPMC role. The longer it goes on with OpenOffice.org and no obvious
>>> branding from ASF the more confusion that will be generated and the more
>>> risk of damage from that ambiguity.
>>>
>>>  To all: What is wrong with just leaving it alone with the name that it
>> has?
>>

> Absolutely nothing and I like your thinking. :)

Mainly because Apache trademark policy requires as a minimum it to be Apache
OpenOffice.org. If that is what you mean by "leaving it alone", ok but it is
a difference and we need to tie down a consistent name we all understand. So
far we seem to have discussed Apache Office, Apache OpenOffice, Apache
OpenOffice.org and possibly just plain OpenOffice.org. We need to decide
which it is going to be and probably given what I read at Apache trademarks
plain OpenOffice.org is a non-starter. If a mentor wants to say otherwise
fine, at least we have one point of clarification.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.