Hi All,

I had a conversation with Andrew Rist this morning. Here is what I have found
out about what will happen in one week.

(1) Forums and Mediawiki will be cloned and moved to Apache Infrastructure on
top of the work that TerryE and the Apache Infra team accomplished. Andrew,
Gavin and TJ will be doing the heavy lifting starting with some practice
conversions.

Does Apache Infra plan to change dns resolution of user.services.oo.o and
wiki.services.oo.o to point to the ooo-forum.a.o and ooo-wiki.a.o domain names
as of this transition?

(2) downloads.services.oo.o goes away this needs attention. This is the major
unknown.

We do have a version of this page in the website migration. It is rather clean.
I think the page handles a missing mirror brain, but I don't know if it handles
it well. The version that was cleaned up is in the AOOo project svn in
ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/download/.

(3) extensions.services.oo.o and templates.services.oo.o are hosted at OSUOSL
and will be retained. They still need work on Drupal upgrades, the OSUOSL
admins have turned their noisy Nagios checks off and we have to report outages
to supp...@osuosl.org ourselves. They are usually responsive by the business
day AM in US Pacific Time Zone.

(4) All other *.services.oo.o are going away. If any of these are important to
you please recall that Andrew Rist has mentioned that he does have a backup of
everything. Please contact him about other services, if you would like to
resurrect them.

(5) Some consideration will need to be made about changes needed to the Kenai
based www.openoffice.org due to the services change.

These topics can't wait, but I don't have any more bandwidth for AOOo until
Sunday night or Monday.

Regards,
Dave