Am 11/06/2011 01:50 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
On 02/11/2011 Martin Hollmichel wrote:
So what ASF needs to do here for a 3.3.1 release is to set up the DNS
entry to a new server.

Besides these infrastructure considerations, is the Oracle build
infrastructure still available? If a 3.3.1 release is distributed in
binary form, it would be useful to build it with the same
specifications, to avoid unforeseen problems. And it would also be
useful that these specifications are made publicly available, since they
could be useful to the Apache project for further releases.

I don't know if the server are still available that are needed. But lets guess they are. The problem would be also that the needed engineers are no longer available. But even when this problem could be solved, too. At the end it would a release in the name of Oracle (logo and copyright text all over in the product). Latest here we will have the problem that Oracle won't give us the permission to release this build.

So, I would say it's simply too late to think about another release with the old infrastructure.

Marcus