Am 08.11.2011 02:25, schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:

> OOo has three kind of linguistic components:
> * spell checker
> * hyphenator
> * thesaurus
>
> OOo provides a default implementation for the three by means of
> Hunspell:
>
> 1) hunspell - LGPLv2+ or GPLv2+ or MPLv1.1
>
> http://hunspell.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/hunspell/hunspell/COPYING?view=markup
> 2) hyphen - LGPLv2+ or MPLv1.1
>
> http://hunspell.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/hunspell/hyphen/COPYING?view=markup
> 3) mythes - BSD
>
> http://hunspell.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/hunspell/mythes/README?view=markup#l38
>
> (3) with the BSD license is compatible with the Apache License
> http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a
>
> (1) and (2) with the MPLv1.1 are "weak copyleft", this means both
> libraries "may be included in binary form within an Apache product if
> the inclusion is appropriately labeled"
> http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b
>
> And this is what actually happens with the three libraries: ./bootstrap
> fetches the compressed files, and the libraries are built in
>
> trunk/main/hunspell
> trunk/main/hyphen
> trunk/main/mythes
>
> Look at the folders:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/hunspell/
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/mythes/
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/hyphen/
>
> there are only patches and makefiles, no copyleft source.
> AOOo can keep Hunspell based linguistic components, there is no need to
> remove anything, it is already IP-clean.
> A source release will never include the sources for these components,
> as it never did if you downloaded an archived version from
> hg.services.openoffice.org

But you need to pull the source tarballs from somewhere - and this again
touches the topic "where to put external source tarballs of (weak)
copyleft modules". I'm going to continue with my "moving ext_src to
Apache" thread tomorrow, so we can follow-up there as this is not a
liguistic-only topic.

Regards,
Mathias