On Nov 10, 2011, at 3:18 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org> wrote:

> On 08/11/2011 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>> dictionaries are extensions. They have their place at
>> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries
>> The people actually developing the dictionary build the extension and
>> upload them to that site.
>> The same situation as before
>
> Yes, except that for ordinary users there is a huge difference between a
> prepackaged dictionary (in the install set, I mean) and a manual post-install
> download.
>
> Excluding dictionaries from builds would result in confused/enraged users
> unless there is a way to make dictionary installation so smooth that users
> won't notice (but this is hard; Microsoft Windows users will get alarming
> warnings from their personal firewall if the OpenOffice.org installer tries
> to download a dictionary...).

Do you have a proposal as to how we can handle this under Apache? In an ideal
world, we would have ALv2 dictionaries that would depend on an ALv2 version of
something like Hunspell.  But...    That's not are situation.

How do you suggest we produce an Apache compliant product that has all of the
features expected by our users?

Andrew