Hi Shane;

OpenOffice.org is a brand the ASF owns now and I
don't want it diluted. I have also heard the name
is in some countries' legislation.

I think Apache OpenOffice is a better name for
the project because it is shorter/simpler, and is
more catchy. TBH I wouldn't complain if it's the
name of the product too.

I am aware of projects that have subprojects that
later fork, maybe we will end up having, say
Apache OO Spellchecker :-).

cheers,

Pedro.