On Nov 15, 2011, at 1:03 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:
>> I have been mulling this over for a long time...
>>
>> Up to now, we have been reactionary. We have allowed others to
>> control and distort the message, paint things as a "us vs. them"
>> battle (simply to position themselves for personal gain in the
>> whole debacle), and foster FUD to the clear harm of the ENTIRE
>> OOo ecosystem.
>>

> Of course, an AOOo release would be the best possible vehicle for
> expressing a proactive message.  But until we have that, I could
> certainly see the value of having a statement on what we are, what we
> believe, what we stand for, etc.  At graduation time we'd draft a
> charter for the new TLP.  But today we don't have anything.

Partly, I can see a number of FUDisms to address. Like there are
only 2 "main players" within the Open Office ecosystem (Apache and
TDF) and that people need to "choose" between one or the other;
that the various versions compete against each other instead of
complimenting each other; Why the AL is important for such a "standard"
such as Open Office and ODF; how there is much more potential for
Open Office than as "just" a end-user MS Office replacement; etc...