At risk of creating a self-fulfilling prophecy about the length of this thread,
I want to offer a mild disagreement.

Here, there is pontification about a discussion that wasn't even held here.
The interpretations have no ground.

It might be interesting to have the discussion where the discussion happened,
<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=45224>.

However, I don't think it matters there.  There were misunderstandings of fact
about how [VOTE] works and what is counted and what is decisive.  They were not
corrected in time and that might have had some not express their preference
here.  Who knows how many such determinations were made in silence by someone
somewhere, completely unrelated to the Forum thread.

And our postulating the unfortunate situation of shut-outs where the shut-outs
don't see it is particularly weird.

Now, whether ooo-dev is the lesser for their not having raised the questions,
fears, disdain, and concerns here, I cannot assess.  It didn't happen that way.

 - Dennis

PS: I wholeheartedly agree that all of us are enriched by increasing
participation of Forum volunteers here on ooo-dev, on ooo-user, on the wiki,
etc.  I am heartened that the subject [VOTE] encouraged some of that.  I think
it also needs to be accepted that many topics on ooo-dev are not of interest,
just as Forum threads may be uninteresting to those who participate on ooo-dev
for other reasons.  This is a broad, diverse community.  Having the Forums
under the incubator umbrella is a great reminder of that.