On 12/14/11 10:31 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
Am 12/14/2011 03:39 PM, schrieb Gianluca Turconi:
Il giorno Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:26:02 -0500
Rob Weir<robw...@apache.org> ha scritto:

The problem is a hard-to-change default is a control issue. And all
control issues are ultimately political. I'm suggesting that we turn
this into a trivial technical issue and let the user choose, rather
than you and me.

I understand your point. Then a double-way solution should be
implemented:

a) short term solution (for which Pedro volunteered): bring back some
color in AOO icons;

ab) Because we want to be really good people, we should offer the
current monochrom icons, too. No doubt the default has to be for the
color icons.

go ahead to implement it ;-)

hey nobody love this new icons and the reason is that if you use a file browser on whatever system with very small icons you can't simply differentiate it. Every document type looks equal.

Ok the promoter of these icons would say, and where is the problem it's all ODF. The different file extension is only a minor detail ...

And yes there is a little truth behind this and the overall idea to push a unique icon set for ODF files over the boundaries of systems and applications is not a bad one.

But the reality is that our users prefer a clear differentiation between text, spreadsheet, presentation files etc. And of course provider of an ODF supporting application like to have their own brand in the icons as well.

I support a) for now and would really like b) a general opportunity to support scheming in the office in the future. Because it's something that makes many users happy and of course allows a better integration into different desktop schemes etc.

Juergen

Marcus

b) medium term solution: a skinable AOO

Regards,