On 12/19/11 2:06 AM, Jean Weber wrote:
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:00, Gavin McDonald<ga...@16degrees.com.au>  wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean Weber [mailto:jeanwe...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 19 December 2011 10:35 AM
To: OOo-dev Apache Incubator
Subject: Support page of website - work planned

I am going to update the support page (currently at http://ooo-
site.apache.org/support/index.html). FYI, here is what I intend to do. (If
there is a place on the planning wiki for this info, I'll put it there
too.)

* Check all the links and remove or correct any out of date ones.

* Remove all the third-party or related material marked for OOo 1.x or OOo
2.x, along with at least one item mis-labelled as "all versions"
which is obsolete.

* Update links to, and info about, some of the v3.x books that I know have
later editions than those listed.

* Correct typos.

--Jean

I believe this is a CTR project (Commit then Review) , and each edit results
is a commit
log message so unless it is a major policy change or something you really
are unsure of,
I would just go ahead and do the work. Folks will shout if they spot
anything they think
warrants further discussion.

Thanks

Gav...

Just going ahead is what I intended, so thanks for the confirmation,
Gav. My note was to alert people who might be thinking of working on
the same page, so they can say, "Oh, good, that's something I don't
need to do; I can just review it when Jean's done." In the interest of
reducing noise on this list, would it be better if I avoided such
messages in future?

I think putting a note on the list that you intend to work on a page is a good idea to avoid duplicate work or to simply organize the work. It can only help ;-)

Juergen

--Jean