Amazing work!  Thanks for the comprehensive account.

It will be wonderful to see it show up in the nightlies.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Armin Le Grand [mailto:armin.le.gr...@me.com]
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 10:08
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Ip Clearance: 1st version of Svg replacement available

        Hi *,

as mentioned in [1] I have now finished and reintegrated the first
version of the Svg replacement from the branch [2] to trunk after
uptating and building Mac and Win versions. It is stable and works well
and is also pretty complete from an Svg point of view. Main
features/differences to the version which was in OOo3.4beta are:

- IP clearance: This change allowed to remove six Gpl/Lgpl libs, namely
librsvg, libcroco, libgsf, gdk-pixbuf, glib, and pango gettext. These
were used as an external renderer. The new Svg uses an internal
interpreter in a new library and some services.

- File Format: [ ... ]

- Interpretation: Svg is no longer interpreted each time it needs to be
rendered (as by an extrenal renderer), [ ... ]

- Quality: [ ... ]

- Completeness: I implemented most Svg features from Svg1.1, but not yet
using animations or interactions (but possible in the future due to an
own interpreter, impossible with an extern Svg renderer). [ ... ]

- Side effects: I had to fix cropping (unified with new primitive) which
works now also for mirrored graphics (vecer worked) and quite some other
stuff. [ ... ]

- Caveats: This is a bigger change, but most stuff is isolated in the
two mentioned services. There will be errors (I'm too long a programmer
to deny that :-)), but I tried to be as careful as possible. To find
them, Your help will be needed. Please feel free to play around with any
Svg You can find and report problems early.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201112.mbox/%3Cjcamku$fep$1...@dough.gmane.org%3E
[2]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/branches/alg/svgreplacement