On Dec 22, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> But we're NOT cutting over "openoffice.org"
> now so I don't see what the hemming and hawing
> is about.  We're doing "www.openoffice.org",
> aren't we?

Dennis missed our discussion of this trick.

If a user goes to http://openoffice.org/ then Kenai very nicely redirects them
to http://www.openoffice.org/.

Website migration is decoupled from the following other issues:
- Mailing List cutover. (ooo-site should avoid allowing users to subscribe to
the old lists.)
- @openoffice.org forwarder cut-off.
- openoffice.org ids and extensions and templates access.

There are a bunch of servlets around login and project mailing lists. These
will break. They will need to be removed, but I don't think that should stop us
from migration.

I do agree that we should make the old legacy visible on the new site. I've
asked for someone to look into /mail_list.html. Links to
http://openoffice.org/projects/ and http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/.
would be welcome additions. CTR people!

Regards,
Dave