Hi all,
Sorry, read messages in reverse order….

On 2011-12-24, at 06:45 , Ross Gardler wrote:

> Thanks Sally,
>
> So the message to the AOO community is to get the English language versions
> approved with enough time for translation.

Or vice versa, to English. Not all original things start off in English.

> For single language, non-English releases we need to give as much time as
> possible, but they still need to go through the usual review process.

Who reviews? Say you don't have reviewers for some of the languages….. At the
moment, for this release, that's likely not a problem. But, by the end of OOo,
we had many languages and many local reps pushing non-anglophone versions
(translations, that is).  There was no efficient way to synchronize all the
languages. We went with major languages, which were usually done first, and
then as the less-staffed ones came up with translations, those went out.

We had to trust the local lead that her translation was a translation and not
page from Monty Python.

But, isn't this all about trust, anyway?

Louis