Hi *,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 05:31:20PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for the dev builds I plan to provide (asap) I have simply used
> Drew's proposals, added some of by my own and have built a Mac
> version.
>
> I have some minor problems with the OOo-Dev dmg installer background
> images where I am working on. But ou can get a first impression how
> would look like under
>
> Backing window + About box
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/screenshots/backing_window-about.png
>
> Intro image
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/screenshots/intro.png
>
> MacOS dmg background
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/screenshots/mac_install_dmg.png
> well the quality of this image is too bad right now and I will try
> to improve it. But I know Drew will give me support ;-)
>
> Juergen

they look nice. I wonder if "Incubating" is required there. This is an
Apache jargon, I doubt it would have any sense for English speaking
users; and more problematic for non-English speaking user: the text is
not localized. IMO "Incubating" only adds more confusion to the already
existing confusion in our user base. If this is not an Apache
requirement, it would be nice to remove it from the logos.

Reading http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html
it is not very clear to me:

Naming
After a podling has been approved, the lists are created, and the
initial code drop has commenced, the podling MUST be referred to as
Apache "Podling-Name" AND mention that the project is under Incubation.
Suitable mentions include:
Inclusion of the http://incubator.apache.org/"podling-name"; URL
Apache "Podling-Name" is currently undergoing Incubation at the Apache
Software Foundation.
Other references may only be used upon prior approval by the Incubator
PMC. These statements only need to be disclosed upon the first reference
in a document.

Incubator Logo
Podlings websites SHOULD contain the Apache Incubator Project logo as
sign of affiliation.

I understand this as:

We have to MENTION that the project is under Incubation, this does not
mean to put "Incubating" in the logo:

* the splash screen already says AOO is incubating in the text "Build
  contributed..."
* The can be done in the About dialog edit field
* etc etc

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile