On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Ross Gardler
<rgard...@opendirective.com> wrote:
> On 12 January 2012 19:28, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

>> You were looking for an opinion for Apache Legal.  Robert is a member
>> of Apache Legal Affairs, not Ross.
>
> This is not correct. Neither of us is a member of the committee. We
> are both on the legal lists (I'm not sure if Robert is on the internal
> one, but he is certainly on the discuss list where this kind of thing
> would be).
>
> As I stated in that thread I believve Robert is mistaken, but since I
> am not a part of the legal affairs committee, only an observer, I
> cannot be certain.
>
> If you want an official statement from legal you have to ask
> legal-discuss@ about the specific case in hand.

Should mention that the thread I quoted before was from a thread on
legal-discuss.  ooo-dev was cc'ed, and at some point legal-discuss was
dropped from the thread.  But we did exactly what you suggest, and we
did it back in October.

Again, if anyone feels like a repeat, then go for it.