On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> As far as I have been able to determine, no one in the project seems
> to have the ability to do anything in our Bugzilla instance beyond the
> basic operations that any member of the public is able to do.   We
> need to get a handful of people to have some elevated permissions to
> edit bugs, edit components, etc., so we can manage the quality process
> for the upcoming 3.4 release.
>
> I'll enter a JIRA issue asking that myself, and whichever other
> committers want to be included, be added to a group that will have the
> following additional Bugzilla permissions:

I've gone ahead and enter the JIRA issue for this with Infra@:

Note that I did also request that all other accounts, other then the
named admins, be reset back to their basic permissions.  The new
admins can then quickly re-enable permissions for project members as
appropriate.   As David mentioned earlier in this thread, we'll want
to get into the practice of enabling a set of privileges for all
committers.