Ross,

On 30 January 2012 15:57, Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com> wrote:

>>> To remove a specific email message posted to a public list
>>> (documentation) by mistake.
>>

>> If the message is on one of the two documentation ML's (author or dev
>> @doc.oo.o) I can remove it, or at least the SYMPA page says I can.
>> You or the user can mail me at tjfraz...@openoffice.org, or bring the matter
>> to this list (ooo-dev). I need sender and date.
>
> The ASF has a policy of *not* removing mails in the majority of cases.
> It simply is not possible to do so since our mailing lists are
> archived all over the place. See
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/public-archives.html

>>> Because the person wanting the removal, I presume, did not know about
>>> the new changes. I have no problem explaining things--have--but I'm
>>> simply laying out the facts.
>>>>

> The point is that you are not a contact point for the AOO project,
> this list is. If you, as a single individual, choose to act on
> requests like these and others that you frequently claim are coming
> your way you will quickly run out of time or you will fail to address
> the requests. Please share everything here (or on the private lists if
> absolutely necessary).

I do not pretend to anyone, least of all you, that I am a contact
person for anything related to AOO. I do not act on requests that I
cannot act on, and do relay to those querying me (and Florian, for
that matter) the facts.

I also do not appreciate your tone and implication that I am falsifying claims.

I will send to TJ the concerned user's request.
Louis