On 31 January 2012 21:25, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 30/01/2012 Dave Fisher wrote:
>>
>> Is it time to remove the old OOo?
>

> Not without proper notice. At least, there are still active mailing lists
> there and the corresponding moderation web panels under
> http://openoffice.org still work.
>
> Regards,
>  Andrea.

Oh, dumb me. I should mention, on this thread, that one reason why OOo
had relatively many posters mis-posting messages and so on was because
unlike a lot of other foss projects then--less so now--it was
amphibolic user/develoeper, and that did not usually work out so well
for those users wanting nothing more than the application.

This meant then that so many of the rules that govern a developer site
were bent to accommodate regular users who were not by any means
developers or even contributors-and who had no clue, even after
reading the warnings, of what it meant to send an email message to a
list.

I am *not* saying we ought to do the same thing here. Quite the
opposite. I have maintained that it's best to focus on development and
contribution here and to have a proper focus users elsewhere, though
"elsewhere" could easily be within the generous embrace of Apache.

louis