Hi Wolf and Dave,

On 14.02.2012 17:23, Wolf Halton wrote:
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Armin Le Grand<armin.le.gr...@me.com>  wrote:
[..]
Hi Armin,
Now I understand.  You're right, It should say Apache OpenOffice,
since that ended up being the name we chose.  I went and looked at the
Hadoop site http://hadoop.apache.org/ where the Apache part of the
name is prominent.  Drew made up the logo currently there, I believe.
Just changing the logo and maybe a couple of additions to the name in
a few text blocks would be good.

Thanks for clarification, and sorry, I just re-checked and indeed I did not mention that I wanted it to be 'Apache OpenOffice'. Sigh. I'll try to be more clear next time.

I cannot remember all of that discussion when to change the branding, but wouldn't people be surprised when we publish an 'Apache OpenOffice 3.4' and they expected an 'OpenOffice.org 3.4' due to the naming conventions on the web pages...? Also we already changed the logos in the program and the installers, AFAIK.

Wolf

Sincerely,
        Armin
--