I think this is a fabulous idea - and would like your opinion or thoughts about
using the interview time to gather website usability concerns:
        1. While an interviewer has the team members attention, a survey of
questions geared to usability could be presented at the same time.
        2. Questions could include, for example: as a developer what kind of
tools would you need handy on a developers page; as a tutorial writer, how
could this website give you access to more easily upload your work; as a
beginner how can we design this website so that you can more easily find your
way around; overall, what pages do you use most/least?
        3. I envision a 'huddle' of web designers working up the survey
questions and handing them to the interviewers for feedback.This could still be
accomplished through a link to something like Survey Monkey - however, I think
that two things could be accomplished at one time.I would like to volunteer
time to interview and also work towards organizing and gathering information
usable in your web design if that would be helpful.

Also - since there are worldwide volunteers, I only speak/write English.  And a
personal note - I am going to use my volunteer organizing and interviewing time
to see where I can fit in as a developer someday down the road.  I think your
idea for the profile/blog is a great way to tour the many hands holding this
project together!

Nancy

     Nancy      Web Design
Free 24 hour pass to lynda.com.