On 25/02/2012, at 6:26, John McClelland <jmccl...@roosevelt.edu> wrote:

> Also, I have noticed a tendency for the cursor's action to occur one place to
> the left of where its screen position leads me to expect. Most pronounced
> with small type of any font except Courier and where words and punctuation
> meet. I do most of my editing in Times 12 with returns and spaces visible.
> The problem seems unique to OpenOffice.
>
> MacBook Pro 13 inch (2010) running OS 10.6.8.

I use a MacBook Air running the same OS, and I have seen the same problem at
times.  I can usually fix it by increasing the magnification of the page
onscreen by a small percentage. This does not change the font size, just your
view of it.

Sometimes it is a font problem, when OpenOffice does not have the screen font
installed. It will use a similar font that may not display exactly right. For
example, OOo uses Times New Roman, not Times. You may need to install the
screen font.

Jean Hollis Weber
Documentation