On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:16:33 +0000
Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com> wrote:

> I'm assuming no dictionary is included since every word I have
> is reported as being spelt wrong.

As far as I know the dictionaries are installed locally, not
included with the file.  Check the language selected for the
document, which should be shown on the Status Bar at window
bottom. If this does not fit your default language, you shuold be
able to Select All, then /Tools /Language: For all text (or for
selection - On some versions of OOo For all text didn't work
reliably, but For selection did) and change to your default
language, which might help the spell check.
--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>