Thanks Roberto!

On Feb 29, 2012, at 10:44 AM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:

> Below more details about the plan we are about to put into action.
>
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Roberto Galoppini <rgalopp...@geek.net>
> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>  below some details about how we plan to manage users' accounts.

>>> thanks for the info.
>>>
>>> I was able to take a closer look on it in the morning. I was able to login
>>> and noticed that my old @sun.com email is used.
>>>
>>> I tried to change it to my Apache email but it didn't worked. It seems that
>>> I had to use @openoffice.org email address. How can I change it? I think we
>>> will probably switch to other email addresses.
>>
>> Let me briefly recap how the Extensions website works, and how we
>> eventually plan to change it.
>>
>> 1. Users logging in at openoffice.org (the vast majority) can't change
>> emails nor their passwords.
>> 2. Users logging in at the Extensions website (i.e. users who never
>> migrated their accounts to openoffice.org, a small fraction of the
>> user base) are told to convert their accounts to an openoffice.org
>> accounts. They might change their emails, but only to a
>> *@openoffice.org.
>>
>> We have already changed the misleading message requiring to migrate to
>> openoffice.org, telling users instead that they won't have any problem
>> when the openoffice.org authentication system will shut down. We are
>> now working on:
>>
>> a) accept any email address (optionally we can avoid to accept
>> *@openoffice.org).
>
> All users - that means both the majority of them authenticating via
> OpenOffice.org and the minority logging it at the Extensions website -
> would be able to change their email addresses. We won't allow
> @openoffice.org addresses, though.
>
>> b) New users creating their accounts at the Extensions website.
>
> At http://aoo-extensions.sourceforge.net/user instead of inviting
> users to create @openoffice.org accounts will make possible to create
> accounts at the Extensions website.
>
>> c) Find a way to migrate users actually logging in at openoffice.org.
>
> The plan is to transparently migrate users authenticating at
> OpenOffice.org to the Extensions, by storing locally their
> credentials. For the time being their email addresses will stay
> @openoffice.org, but the idea is to migrate them all if we can get
> their alternative emails. In fact we assume many of them won't access
> the Extensions website before the Oracle authentication system will
> shut down.

AFAIK Oracle will not divulge alternative email. So, I think you will need to
let them recreate openoffice.org accounts and immediately associate these with
their issues.

> Last but not least, since the Extensions updates in OOo 3.3.0 are
> served through the updateexte.services.openoffice.org, we would ask
> you to let us manage that too, so that we can restore the Extensions
> updates service.

Non-authoritative answer:
updateexte.services.openoffice.org      canonical name =
download.services.openoffice.org.
Name:   download.services.openoffice.org
Address: 192.9.173.38

Well, this leads to an issue that we may have missed - the MirrorBrain network
of the legacy releases of OpenOffice.org.

I think a discussion of this is worth a brand new thread.

Regards,
Dave