Am 07.03.12 13:54, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
On 3/7/12 1:49 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 7:28 AM, Jürgen Schmidt
<jogischm...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
Hi,

based on Andre's analysis [1] and documentation I have created a new
en-US.sdf file [2] containing the currently used English strings.

I think we can use this as base for all other localizations and should
compare to this version.

I don't know right now how to import this file in the pootle server or to
split it in help and other resources.

But we should definitely split the helpcontent2 content into a separate
project. I can easy provide 2 sdf files where I have already split the
content. But Raphael wanted 1 file for the beginning.

I am not 100% sure which data we should use for the input for the languages.
One approach would be to take the sdf files from the repository extras
folder and convert them to po files. This can be merge with local backups
that seems to exist on local machines.

What do I have to do to get access to the pootle server? Do I have to join
the infra structure project more active?

You should be able to log in with your Apache ID/password.

I know, I meant more command line access to use the command line tools
Thia is in the responsability of infrastructure, to give you access. Remember, Pootle is a asf wide service, it's not the same as the wiki vm or the forum vm. It's like the cwiki, the roller blog etc.

Juergen

-Rob

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Localization_for_developers
[2] http://people.apache.org/~jsc/sdf/en-US.sdf