On Mar 13, 2012, at 2:40 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

>> ________________________________

Joe has described the current situation.

Every page in ooo-site is wrapped using the following html skeleton:

ooo/ooo-site/trunk/templates/skeleton.html

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
<head>
<link href="/css/ooo.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
{% if header %}
{% autoescape off %}{{ header }}{% endautoescape %}{% else %}
<title>{% block title %}{{ headers.title }}{% endblock %}</title>
{% endif %}
</head>

<!--#include virtual="{{ ssi.headers.brand }}" -->
    {% if ssi.headers.topnav %}<!--#include virtual="{{ ssi.headers.topnav }}"
-->{% endif %}
breadcrumbs }}{% endautoescape %}{% endblock %}</div>
  {% if ssi.headers.leftnav %}<!--#include virtual="{{ ssi.headers.leftnav }}"
-->{% endif %}
  {% if ssi.headers.rightnav %}<!--#include virtual="{{ ssi.headers.rightnav
}}" -->{% endif %}
    {% block legacy %}{% if ssi.headers.legacy %}<div class="legacy">{{
ssi.headers.legacy }}</div>{% endif %}{% endblock %}
    {% block title %}{% if headers.title %}<h1 class="title">{{ headers.title
}}</h1>{% endif %}{% endblock %}
    {% block content %}{{ content|markdown }}{% endblock %}

<!--#include virtual="{{ ssi.headers.footer }}" -->

Headers from existing html are pulled using the following from
ooo/ooo-site/trunk/lib/view.pm

    if ($args{content} =~
m!<head.*?>(.*?)</head>(?:.*?<body(.*?)>)?(.*?)(?:</body>|\Z)!si) {
        @args{qw/header bodytag content/} = ($1, $2, $3);
    }

(Note I do need to update <body> above to include any "bodytag")

As Joe suggests we could grab everything before the <html> and include it in
the template. Is that appropriate? Does the use of SSI mean we need to use a
different doctype? Please advise so that we can make the appropriate change
with only one last "sledgehammer".

HTH.

Regards,
Dave