On 3/19/12 2:16 PM, TJ Frazier wrote:
On 3/19/2012 08:48, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
Hi,

I think issue 119090 is no show stopper from my point of view. The new
default provides a better security than before when I understand it
correct. And if people detect potential problems they can save the
document again with other settings.

I agree that this is important for interoperability but no show stopper.

Any other opinion?

Juergen

Hi, Jürgen,

Like Dennis, I'm nervous about this. Perhaps we can handle it with a
mention in the Release Notes; something like,

PLEASE NOTE: the default options for [technical details here] should
provide your best /individual/ security. However, if you intend to share
the document in secure fashion, the default mode cannot be read by
* previous versions of OpenOffice.org
* current versions of LibreOffice, at least through [version]
* Ms Office [version info]
For compatibility, use the options [details here].

I agree that it make sense to mention it in the release notes.

Any volunteer for updating the release notes?

Juergen