On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
<arie...@apache.org>wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 05:10:18PM +0100, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> > >Oliver--
> > >
> > >I am not following here. I have an old binary version of 3.3 installed
> as a
> > >normal user would. I do not have a "version.ini" file -- this is part of
> > >the source not the delivered binary. Users would not be expecting to
> change
> > >files associated with the product to deal with this. In other words, we
> > >need/should come up with a reply that will work with existing installs
> that
> > >will not require any other changes.
> > >
> > >Am I missing something?
> > >

> > it is only for testing XML snippets which would be provided as the
> > response to the HTTP GET request.
> >
> > You should have a <version.*> file in your installation. Under
> > Windows it is named <version.ini>. Under Linux and MacOS X it is
> > named <version.rc>.
> >
> > [ It looks like that I am too much focused on Windows ;-) ]
>
> IIRC Kay is a Linux user, on Linux you'll find the file on
> /opt/openoffice.org3/program/versionrc
>
> You can make it point to a regular file using file:// instead of http://
>

> Regards
> --
> Ariel Constenla-Haile
> La Plata, Argentina

Well interesting...I did some editing of versionrc and now I get that an
update does not exist  after pulling off the pkgfmt=rpm requirement.
However, we can not expect users of existing product to go messing with
their existing setups (i.e. editing files). I don't mind the odd message I
was getting before about an "rpm" package not being found.

I'm just wondering if there's some way to configure the snippet you sent to
just do something a bit more friendly for all possible situations that are
currently out there now.

Thoughts? Any experts on how to create a generic null feed?

MzK

"Follow your bliss."
         -- attributed to Joseph Campbell