On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> sent

>> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=rpm

>> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=deb

>> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=dmg

>> > Well, foo, when I do this replacement, it does work as you say! Darn!
>> OK,
>> > let me re-investigate why the other snippet with my internal host
>> redirect
>> > isn't working quite right! :(
>>
>> How are doing this redirect?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>

> I've got the following in my local /etc/hosts
>
>  140.211.11.131  update36.services.openoffice.org
>
> here are versions I've played with in "versionrc" (I split the lines for
> easier reading for you)
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> [Version]
> AllLanguages=en-US
> buildid=330m20(Build:9567)
> ExtensionUpdateURL=
> http://updateexte.services.openoffice.org/ExtensionUpdateService/check.Update
> OOOBaseVersion=3.3
> ProductBuildid=9567
> ProductMajor=330
> ProductMinor=20
> ProductSource=OOO330
> UpdateID=OpenOffice.org_3_en-US
>
> #UpdateURL=
> http://update36.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=rpm
>
> UpdateURL=
> http://update36.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
>
> #UpdateURL=
> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=rpm
>
> UpdateUserAgent=<PRODUCT> (${buildid}; ${_OS}; ${_ARCH};
> BundledLanguages=${AllLanguages})
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> using Ariel's returns "no update". Using the current one with the redirect
> returns the error business. (i mean it connects but I get a different
> message, a failed...)
>
> Things of note vis a vis people.apache.org vs www.openoffice.org (where I
> have the current re-route)
>
> If you just bring up:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
>
> vs
>
> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
>
> they look different in my browser...one has "UTF-8" vs "utf-8"
>
> so I'm curious about this. I did up a little cgi and ran it on both
> people.apache.org and well, ooo-site-staging.apache.org and they both
> produce the same environment info.  So ???
>
> http://people.apache.org/~kschenk/cgi-bin/env.cgi
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/cgi-bin/env.cgi
>
> I will change the "UTF-8" to "utf-8" on www.openoffice.org and see what
> happens. Also did a diff on them and nothing but the case business.
>
> Meanwhile -- do you know how we get cgi to run on www.openoffice.org? I
> see we have a directory for this. I dumped some test scripts in it, but

a final note on this...if I directly put

UpdateURL=http://www.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update<http://people.apache.org/%7Earielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=rpm>

in my versionrc file, it works per Ariel's comments -- 'No Update
Available".

However, my redirect via /etc/hosts causes the weird result. So maybe
something is not quite right with this (???)