On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:42 AM, drew <d...@baseanswers.com> wrote:

>>> We could certainly run periodic reports and make them public.  There
>>> is nothing that prevents us from doing that.  But GA itself is account
>>> based, so anyone with direct access requires an email
>>> address/password.   But they do allow multiple users, so one option
>>> would be to add PMC members to the account on request.
>>

>> Hi Rob
>>
>> Ok - but would like to see us decide how the data will be used and
>> disseminated prior to setting this up.
>>
>> -1 on the request for the moment then.
>>

> So what is your exact objection to "run periodic reports and make them
> public"?

In other words, look at the typical way we do things at Apache.  We
check in code, make it public and put few restrictions on how it can
be used.  That is what we do.  So I assume any data we make public is
similarly made available for use without restriction.  And since we
work transparently, there should be little or no data that we (PPMC)
would keep private.  There is not a confidentiality concern, since GA
does not track information at a per-user basis. So we don't have
access to any confidential/personal data.

So I'd be interesting in knowing what exactly your concern is, e.g.,
an example of a GA report that we should not disseminate, or a report
that we could disseminate, but with restrictions.  It might be easiest
to exclude areas that you see as problematic.

-Rob