One model that Apache (and many projects) do participate in is Google's Summer of Code, so that might be a place to look for project ideas or just ask for help, either from the GSoC folks or from the various Apache projects (including this podling, right?) participating:

  http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html

- Shane

On 2012-03-29 1:21 AM, q...@imsoftwaresystems.com wrote:

Hi Pedro Giffuni,

You are absolutely right, i could not think the other side it(exploiting&
making money inexchange of certificates). The certificates are issyed by
Apache and issued only when there is a contribution.
The second point is that most of the students generally do not have any
ideas on projects. When a person is seriously working on the project, i am
not sure how much time he/she can spend guiding/mentoring the
students/freshers.

With out any benefit to the student/fresher i am not sure how many people
will be willing to contribute because they should be able to show the
contribution as experience in their resumes.

Thanks&  Regards,
Ram,
Im Software Systems.

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 21:37:56 -0700 (PDT), Pedro Giffuni<p...@apache.org>