On 29 March 2012 05:51, Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Given the risk in a formal certification program,

Why would there be risk - well any more risk than doing anything else?

Not for profit is easy. Do it through ASDAN, (for example) a registered
charity in the UK and regulated by the national government.

we could look to support contributors intrinsic motivation by reducing
> barriers to entry and supporting a positive on-boarding experience.

Sure, use eg
http://www.codecademy.com/<http://www.codecademy.com/#!/exercises/0>

for the content and course support and then get ASDAN to certify skills
from complete beginner level through to professional. There are some
constraints in terms of independent verification that the work is that of
the person claiming the certificate but all of this is just normal business
for a professional Awarding Organisation.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.