I like AOO_orb1_logo_webSite.jpg

Best regards,
Carl

On 03/31/2012 12:02 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
We're getting very close to a 3.4 launch, and the time has come to move
forward with a logo rebranidng for at least the user portal  web site,
http://www.openoffice.org, and possibly the project web site as well,
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/.

Quite a number of logo variations have been proposed for uses within
OpenOffice, both internal to the program and other uses, page sidebars,
Forum header, etc.

The most recent discussion can be found at the following thread:

http://markmail.org/thread/fvgwlvva5ziib7qg

a conversation started by Rob on March 15.

You will note that one of  the outcomes of this discussion was the desire
that a new logo NOT include the word "incubating" in the logo.

What I think we need to focus on now, and get Lazy Consensus on, is a new
logo for the upcoming release, 3.4. Internally, we've already started
calling OpenOffice.org "Apache OpenOffice", and we need to move forward to
complete this re-branding to the public.

I've put 3 "web header" logos in...

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/

*
AOO_orb1_logo_webSite.jpg<http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/AOO_orb1_logo_webSite.jpg>
*
AOO_orb2_logo_webSite.jpg<http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/AOO_orb2_logo_webSite.jpg>
*
AOOfeather_logo_webSite.png<http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/AOOfeather_logo_webSite.png>

Please respond to this e-mail by selecting your favorite from these 3.

Given the Lazy Consenus "process", discussion will be closed on Tuesday,
April 2, 0900 PDT.
Hopefully, we'll have a clear choice by then.

MzK

"Women and cats will do as they please,
Robert Heinlein