Hi Ian,

Le 7 avr. 12 à 07:31, Ian a écrit :

Hi Andre,

a couple of other things that I think need to be documented.

Where is the product of the build.... I found it in the end in an installer in main/instsetoo_native/unxlngx6.pro/URE/rpm/install/en- US_download and the rpm in /main/instsetoo_native/unxlngx6.pro/URE/rpm/install/ en-US/RPMS

I didn't build Apache OpenOffice on Linux since a while, but I'm nost sure everything is separated this way. Anyone to confirm ?

What I am not sure about is how to install this in parallel to my current 3.3 install. Although do have http:// wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Run_OOo_versions_parallel
Will work my way through that.

And is there a way to simply run apps without going through the packaging stage etc? Some scripting to set up to run from the build area?

If I understand your question, this is indeed possible, using "installed" as package format. The result will be a pre-installed archive, who can launch OpenOffice directly from the command line

To achieve that, verify you have the following options existing in your configure command line :

--with-package-format="deb rpm installed" in the configure command line.

HTH

Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə