Am 04/11/2012 10:07 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
Hi all--

Right now when you click on the "I want to download OpenOffice.org" on
the home page, you get a LARGE button to click to start the download,
but also have an additional footer area with the following links:

* Get all platforms and languages
* Release notes
* MD5 checksums
* ISO images
* order CD-ROM
* P2P downloads

I am contemplating chagng "Release Notes" to "More Download Information"

and routing folks to http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

which HAS release notes in addition to other information -- installation
guides, etc.

I remember there was already the link "Other platforms and languages" which referred to the "other.html" webpage. I just added some others (over the time) to point the users directly to the wished information, so that they don't need to go over the download area.

Today it's maybe a bit too much information. I don't know. ;-)

Does anyone take issue with this relatively minor edit?

You mean under the green download button there will be only the following?

"Get all platforms and languages" | "More Download Information"

If so, go for it.

Marcus