On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2012, at 1:02 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

>>> You snipped out the important part:
>>>

>> Sorry, thought you answered your own question there.  But since you
>> bring it up, there is no requirement for a DISCLAIMER file. There is
>> however a requirement for making the user aware of the incubation
>> disclaimer.  See this page, where several options are listed:
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#notes-disclaimer
>
> Keep in mind that page is clearly labeled as a "DRAFT".
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#status
>
> The DISCLAIMER file is certainly in the correct place in the Source
> distribution.
>
> I think that I answered the question, but I would like to ask our project
> Mentors if this will be an issue in IPMC voting. I've seen enough on
> general@i.a.o to know that it may be for some and not others.

Not an issue for me either.  That fact that OpenOffice is under
incubation at Apache has been leading tech news for nearly a year now.
People who know nothing else about Apache know this fact.

> So, while this is not a problem for me, if it is likely IPMC will request an
> RC2 over this we should know now.

But worth taking it through the voting process, IMHO, to see if there
are any other issues. One big issue or several smaller ones could be
enough for us to kill the vote prematurely.  But it would be extremely
inefficient to waste 48-hours preparing another RC every time someone
finds a single thing that is not consistent with the
self-contradictory draft incubation guidelines.  There is no better
time than the present to do a complete review.

-Rob