Hi all,

2012/4/24 drew <d...@baseanswers.com>

> On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 13:45 +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> > Jean Weber wrote:
> > > A reminder that draft  chapters of "Getting Started with AOO" need
> > > reviewers; you can find the chapters here.
> > >
> http://www.odfauthors.org/apache-openoffice/english/user-guides/getting-started-3.4/drafts
> >
> > Thanks a lot to you and your team for this very important work. When the
> > English version gets stable, please inform this list so that we can
> > refresh the Italian translation too!
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Hi   Andrea
>

> Why not join with the ODFAuthours folks and work together - this old
> style of NL groups being a separate group - that was not really the best
> way IMO for many things in the old OpenOffice.org.

 Why reinvent the wheel indeed. There's an existing structure and it would
be a good idea to integrate all the documentation writers in a unique
environnement. But before to invest a lot of time in such a document
project, there's perhaps a choice to do with the license. My personal
opinion is that we should adopt the Apache license to be coherent. If not,
it doesn't matter for the end users but isn't perhaps a good choice for the
project in the long term. In the other hand, I have to admit that there's a
lot of excellent existing materials by OOoAuthors that could be used... but
not with an Apache license.

A+
--
gw