Hi

2012/4/25 drew <d...@baseanswers.com>:
> I'm just curious - what do you feel you can do with openoffice.org.br
> that you could not do with openoffice.apahce.org/br, for instance?

Drew, when we had BrOffice.org/OpenOffice.org.br over our
infrastructure, we did a social network page where we had:
* news - a clipping service about OOo/BrOo/ODF in Brasil and around
the world, translated for pt-BR for our users;
* incubation - for new small and localized projects, like our
spellchecker, thesaurus, templates for brazilian general  documents,
etc. In final of BrOffice, we had ~10 incubated projects (that for us
are *BIG* projects);
* User group - I developed a different way to promote Broo/OOo here,
with a logic to promote the opensource and our product;
* wiki - for general things.

Looking from a promotion/marketing vision, using a CMS like Drupal, we
learned a lot how is possible use the social net for present and
involve new users and volunteers. In transition for LibO, was more a
lot of good things (to do and not) looking this strategy.

But returning for your question, what i can do that not in apache
infra? I can install a CMS, with a different focus (more sellable),
that edit text files arround a VCS. This way, (IMHO) effectively isn't
a good way to receive contribution from
communication/publicity/grafical volunteers.

But one thing that i think with my self, was if our strategy was
considered waste for some there (libo), why we got ~10M of users? My
R$ 0,02....

Best,
Claudio