Am 04/27/2012 09:34 PM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

On Apr 27, 2012, at 12:12 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

Am 04/27/2012 08:49 PM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
On 4/27/12 5:32 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
2012/4/27 Jürgen Schmidt<jogischm...@googlemail.com>

Hi,

to be prepared for the upcoming release I plan to use the following
directory structure on

https://www.apache.org/dist/**incubator/ooo<https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo>

Existing
3.3
3.3/patches
3.3/patches/cve-2012-0037/...
DATE
KEYS

New added:
3.4.0/source
3.4.0/windows/...
3.4.0/windows/languagepacks/..**.
3.4.0/macos/...
3.4.0/macos/languagepacks/...
3.4.0/linux-x86/...
3.4.0/linux-x86/languagepacks/**...
3.4.0/linux-x86-64/...
3.4.0/linux-x86-64/**languagepacks/...

16 languages: en-US ar cs de en-GB es fr gl hu it ja nl ru pr-BR zh-CN
zh-TW

Do we need to prepare or adapt the download page?

Juergen

Juergen--

This will considerably change the current logic being used. Is there some
reason you don't want to use the existing setup of:

root DL area/files/stable/3.4/...
root DL area/files/localized/3.4/...

see:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/

I had a look to other projects in the dist folder on Apache and looked
what we already have.

 From my point of view the old structure doesn't really make too much
sense.

Why should we for example put the localized bit in separate directories
when we have the language Id as part of the name?

And we have only stable releases in the future. Ok we will have archives
of older versions but that's it.

Do we have the time to adapt it to the new structure. We should do it ow
if possible.

What do others think?

It won't work because the DL logic is working the old way, and only this way.
;-)

The old structure has everything in a single directory. The only separation is
for en-US only (stable) and all other languages (localized).

When we change the structure now where the builds are physicaly existing, then
we have to adapt the complete logic, too, which is an effort that I cannot
predict.

So, the best solution is to keep the old separation and think about to change
this with a new release.

Then I would prefer to have every install file for a specific version in a
single directory. This makes it the easiest way to assemble download links:

Example:

<root-path>/files/3.4.0/...
<root-path>/files/3.4.1/...
<root-path>/files/3.5.0/...

We can only keep the most current version in Apache dist. All older versions go
to the archive.

Oh yes, right, then it's only one directory.

Marcus