On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Right now I have the DL friendly script setup to only use SF...which is
> > setup in the "old" way. I don't think we'll be usign Apache for pre-build
> > client downloads.
> >
> > So, I have a question -- who will be setting up the SF packs and will
> they
> > just stick with the current structure on that system for DLs --
> >
> > i.e.
> >
> > <root>/files/stable/<version>/
> > <pack name>
> >
> > and

> > I'm hoping the answer is "YES".
> >

> Whatever we do, let's try to get a directory schem that works now and
> for AOO 3.4.1 and AOO 3.5 and for AOO 4.0, etc..  This is not
> something where it will be easier to clean up later.
>
> Thinking ahead, what do we do when we have a new release, like a
> 3.4.1?  And what can we do now to make that future less painful?
>
> -Rob

Well, for me anyway (I can't address the machinations of setting this up
for actual upload), right now it's a matter of getting what we need to do
to work in the next day, hopefully. I have other commitments later in the
week, and well, I would like to get to a conclusion on this.

This will also effect the links in the new "other.html" as well.

(I think given all this I need to split "other.html" from the new
download/index.html and let someone else work on "other". I'm kind of
getting into a time crunch.)

This being said, maybe the version-centric approach Jurgen has suggested
from his most recent post and Marcus suggested (I think) makes sense...

Again, since all the scripting will be directed to SF, I just need to know
what we're doing. The change to make this happen is not horrendous,
but....things need to be tracked down in several places.

MzK

 Helping you out."
                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette